|IRMA UPDATE – IMPORTANT
Hi, again — boy it has been a long time since I have written two snippets in a row but I have been asked to by several folks so here goes.
Things are getting better here BUT Naples still has a long way to go to recover from Hurricane Irma.
1. Collier County is on a Boil Water Notice until further advised.
2. Due to loss of power for extended periods AND the torrential rains from Irma, our water and sewer systems have been compromised. We have been asked to conserve water.
3. There are still gas lines, although not as long.
4. More & more stores are opening as they get power.
5. There are still areas without power.
6. The Naples Beach Hotel sustained significant damage.
7. The Naples Airport suffered significant damage — the Fire Department there was destroyed.
8. The Dock at Crayton Cove lost half its roof and outdoor seating.
9. The Ritz Beach Hotel is not open. I do not know what, if any damage they had. but I can see that there are many worker bees there.
10. FINALLY — if you are not already here, please do not return yet if you do not have to. I have been asked to convey this by several local medical personnel & others.
I will do my best to keep you posted.